strange ideas for a strange world all posts written by A. Cloutier
- People have a need for the extraordinary (which includes magic and the supernatural).
- People have a need for explanations (no matter how far fetched or unproven), of making sense of reality, for order.
- People have a need for justice (no matter if it requires magic).
- People have a need for simplicity (the simplest explanation is often good enough, even if self-contradictory and unproven/unprovable).
- People have a need for being comforted (even if what is supposed to be comforting is illogical, incoherent and improbable).
- People have a need to believe in an afterlife (even if it happens “at the end of times”).