Here are a few questions to help define what reality you live in. This is useful before starting a debate on human evolution, cosmology, history, religion, science, etc.
- Do you believe the answers to everything are contained in a single book, written at least 2000 years ago?
- Do you believe the Earth was formed less than 6000 years ago?
- Do you believe in the laws of physics (gravity, electromagnetism, etc)?
- Do you believe certain entities defy laws of physics?
- Do you accept strange things and concepts because someone told you so, without seeking explanation or second opinions?
- Do you believe in angels, giants, gosts, unicorns, leprecauns, hobbits, gnomes, etc
- Do you consider science and scientists test their hypothesis and arrive at conclusion based on evidence, as impartially as possible?
- Do you consider science and scientists are anti-God, liars, or evil?
- Are you convinced you’ll spend 12 trillions years at least in paradise because you fulfilled 1 of the 8 conditions cited in the Bible (accepting Jesus as your savior)?
- Do you believe everybody that doesn’t believe in the same god as you do, or use a different version of the book, or believe in a slightly different version of your religion will burn on hell forever?
If you answer yes to those questions, then any rational discussion with someone outside your group is very difficult.